Groupon Chairman to focus more on his VC firm
SAN FRANCISCO, July 2
SAN FRANCISCO, July 2 (Reuters) - Groupon Inc. Chairman Eric Lefkofsky said on Monday he is stepping back from hands-on, operational involvement in the world's largest daily deal company to focus more on his venture capital firm Lightbank.
Lefkofsky wrote on his personal blog that he looks forward to continuing to work with Groupon Chief Executive Andrew Mason as Chairman of Groupon's board of directors.
"But in the meantime, I've immersed myself in Lightbank and am focused on growing the company," Lefkofsky wrote.
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Poroshenko to seek ceasefire after 'very tough' talks with Putin |
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Gaza ceasefire holding as focus turns to longer term |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers