UPDATE 1-Kingfisher names Vodafone's Witts as FD
LONDON, July 2
LONDON, July 2 (Reuters) - Kingfisher, Europe's largest home improvement group, has named an executive of Vodafone, the world's largest mobile phone company, as its new group finance director.
The DIY firm said on Monday Karen Witts will take up the role and join its board in October.
Witts, who is currently Vodafone's chief financial officer for Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Asia Pacific, will succeed Kevin O'Byrne, who was named the CEO of Kingfisher's B&Q division in February.
Witts previously worked at BT Group, Grand Metropolitan, Mars and The Observer newspaper.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official