STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's Fibria sells land, assets for $117 mln
Brazilian wood pulp producer Fibria moved toward concluding the sale of land and forest assets in the northeastern state of Bahia to Caravelas Florestal with a 200 million reais ($99 million) payment, according to a Monday securities filing.
Another 35 million reais are due in November. Fibria announced the deal in March as part of a plan to sell assets and new shares to help pay down debt.
($1 = 2.02 Brazilian reais)
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Exclusive: Apple, Google to pay $324 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit