Ivory Coast pays June coupon on time - bank
DAKAR, July 3
DAKAR, July 3 (Reuters) - Ivory Coast has paid the June coupon on its defaulted $2.3 billion Eurobond as planned, one of the banks watching the issue said on Tuesday.
"I can now confirm that the coupon payment has been received," Samir Gadio, sub-Saharan Africa analyst at London-based Standard Bank told Reuters, forecasting that the payment and recent debt relief deals for the West African state would "generate another multi-month leg in the Eurobond rally".
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media