Loeb's Third Point hedge fund buys Chesapeake shares-source
NEW YORK, July 3
NEW YORK, July 3 (Reuters) - Daniel Loeb's Third Point LLC hedge fund told investors it recently acquired shares of embattled natural gas producer Chesapeake Energy Corp, a source said.
The hedge fund, in a June email alert to investors, listed Chesapeake as its fourth largest long position, according to the source.
Other top long positions for Third Point are Yahoo Inc , gold, and Apple Inc.
Loeb's Ultra Fund was up about 4.5 percent as of the end of June.
- Somali officials say U.S. struck where al Shabaab were meeting
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers as ECB bets hold down euro