Loeb's Third Point hedge fund buys Chesapeake shares-source
NEW YORK, July 3
NEW YORK, July 3 (Reuters) - Daniel Loeb's Third Point LLC hedge fund told investors it recently acquired shares of embattled natural gas producer Chesapeake Energy Corp, a source said.
The hedge fund, in a June email alert to investors, listed Chesapeake as its fourth largest long position, according to the source.
Other top long positions for Third Point are Yahoo Inc , gold, and Apple Inc.
Loeb's Ultra Fund was up about 4.5 percent as of the end of June.
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Exclusive: Obama may call EU leaders in Russia sanctions push - sources