Loeb's Third Point hedge fund buys Chesapeake shares-source
NEW YORK, July 3
NEW YORK, July 3 (Reuters) - Daniel Loeb's Third Point LLC hedge fund told investors it recently acquired shares of embattled natural gas producer Chesapeake Energy Corp, a source said.
The hedge fund, in a June email alert to investors, listed Chesapeake as its fourth largest long position, according to the source.
Other top long positions for Third Point are Yahoo Inc , gold, and Apple Inc.
Loeb's Ultra Fund was up about 4.5 percent as of the end of June.
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia