Loeb's Third Point hedge fund buys Chesapeake shares-source
NEW YORK, July 3
NEW YORK, July 3 (Reuters) - Daniel Loeb's Third Point LLC hedge fund told investors it recently acquired shares of embattled natural gas producer Chesapeake Energy Corp, a source said.
The hedge fund, in a June email alert to investors, listed Chesapeake as its fourth largest long position, according to the source.
Other top long positions for Third Point are Yahoo Inc , gold, and Apple Inc.
Loeb's Ultra Fund was up about 4.5 percent as of the end of June.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |