Mammoth Lakes, Calif. filing for bankruptcy Tuesday
SAN FRANCISCO, July 3
SAN FRANCISCO, July 3 (Reuters) - Mammoth Lakes, California, will file for Chapter 9 protection from its creditors on Tuesday in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California, according to its assistant town manager.
The filing will follow a vote July 2 by Mammoth Lake's town council in favor of declaring bankruptcy, specifically to seek protection from a property developer that has a $43 million legal judgment against the ski resort town of about 8,000 residents in California' Sierra Nevada mountains.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |