- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Apple CEO makes no apology for company's tax strategy |
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
France's Sofiproteol consortium submits bid to buy Doux
PARIS, July 5 |
PARIS, July 5 (Reuters) - A consortium lead by French oilseed financial group Sofiproteol with five other firms submitted on Thursday a bid to buy the whole of the troubled French poultry group Doux, whose administration in early June threatens 3,400 workers and 800 French poultry farmers.
"This offer... comes from French industrials from the poultry sector, committed to chicken farmers and rooted locally," Sofiproteol said in a statement.
The bidders include Glon Sanders (a Sofiproteol subsidiary), Duc, LDC, Terrena, Tilly-Sabco and Triskalia.
(Reporting By Sybille de La Hamaide; Writing by Muriel Boselli)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this