UPDATE 1-Osisko Mining gold production doubles
July 5 (Reuters) - Osisko Mining Corp said quarterly gold output doubled at its only producing mine, Canadian Malartic in Quebec.
April-June production from the mine, which went online on May 19 last year, rose to 92,003 ounces.
During the quarter, Osisko sold 95,675 ounces at an average price of $1,605 per ounce.
Gold price rose 7 percent to average $1,611 per ounce during the second quarter from the year-ago period.
Shares of the Montreal-based company were up 7 percent at C$7.88 on Thursday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Shounak Dasgupta in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two dead, four wounded after student opens fire Washington state school
- U.S. officials considering quarantines for returning healthcare workers |
- Police say New York hatchet attack by Islamic convert was terrorist attack |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |