UPDATE 1-Bebe 4th-qtr retail sales fall on lower store traffic
* Q4 retail sales fell 2.5 pct to $119.1 mln
* Same-store sales down 2.5 pct
July 9 (Reuters) - Women's apparel retailer Bebe Stores Inc said retail sales for the fourth quarter fell 2.5 percent hurt by waning store traffic.
Retail sales from continuing operations fell to $119.1 million for the fourth quarter from $122.4 million a year earlier, said the retailer, which had fallen out of favor with its clientele due to fashion missteps.
Store traffic fell 12 percent.
Same-store sales, which includes online stores, were down 2.5 percent and inventory per square foot increased about 2 percent.
Bebe discontinued its unsuccessful PH8 brand and has attempted to regain its core customers, who looked for cheaper alternatives.
The Brisbane, California-based company's shares were down 5.6 percent after closing at $5.69 on Monday on the Nasdaq.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official