Egypt's parliament speaker calls Tuesday session
CAIRO, July 9
CAIRO, July 9 (Reuters) - The speaker of Egypt's Islamist-led parliament called for members of the lower house to meet on Tuesday, the state news agency reported, after this week's presidential decision to reverse an army order to dissolve the assembly.
Speaker Saad al-Katatni, in remarks published on Monday, a day after the presidential ruling, said parliament would convene at noon (1000 GMT) on Tuesday. The army had ordered the lower house dissolved based on a court order. (Reporting by Omar Fahmy; Writing by Edmund Blair; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections