PRESS DIGEST - Canada - July 9
July 9 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL
- Canada has joined a group of U.S.-led international donors in pledging $16 billion in aid for Afghanistan over the next four years, with some of the cash conditional on Kabul fighting widespread corruption.
Report in the business section:
- Bombardier Inc has bulked up the order book for its new C Series airplane with a sale of 15 of the narrow-bodied commercial jets as the Farnborough International Air Show begins in Britain.
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper told a gathering of party supporters that other nations hoping for economic success in the future must "become what Canada is today."
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Los Angeles sheriff's officials charged in jail misconduct probe
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- RPT-Record low temperature recorded in Antarctica -scientists