- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares flat, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Man accused of kidnapping Cleveland women to face more charges
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
Fed's Williams says Libor revelations undermine trust in banks
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho (Reuters) - The revelation that Barclays appeared to have manipulated a key short-term borrowing rate has undermined confidence and trust in the entire banking system, a top Fed official said on Monday.
"Trust is absolutely critical to conduct any type of business," San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank President John Williams said, answering an audience question after a speech to bankers here.
(Reporting by Ann Saphir; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this