Arkema to sell tin stabiliser unit
PARIS, July 10
PARIS, July 10 (Reuters) - French specialty chemicals group Arkema said on Tuesday it planned to sell its tin stabiliser business to Mount Laurel, N.J.-based PMC Group as it focuses on faster-growing businesses.
No price was disclosed by Arkema, which said that the sale would allow it to recentre its functional additives business division on organic peroxides and glass-coating chemicals for the manufacture of flat glass and bottles.
Tin stabilisers are used to help shape PVC into finished products by controlling heat.
The transaction is subject to approval by employee representatives and antitrust authorities, Arkema said.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |