Arkema to sell tin stabiliser unit
PARIS, July 10
PARIS, July 10 (Reuters) - French specialty chemicals group Arkema said on Tuesday it planned to sell its tin stabiliser business to Mount Laurel, N.J.-based PMC Group as it focuses on faster-growing businesses.
No price was disclosed by Arkema, which said that the sale would allow it to recentre its functional additives business division on organic peroxides and glass-coating chemicals for the manufacture of flat glass and bottles.
Tin stabilisers are used to help shape PVC into finished products by controlling heat.
The transaction is subject to approval by employee representatives and antitrust authorities, Arkema said.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media