- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dies in Italy
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
- New generation of elite universities rises around the globe
Arkema to sell tin stabiliser unit
PARIS, July 10 |
PARIS, July 10 (Reuters) - French specialty chemicals group Arkema said on Tuesday it planned to sell its tin stabiliser business to Mount Laurel, N.J.-based PMC Group as it focuses on faster-growing businesses.
No price was disclosed by Arkema, which said that the sale would allow it to recentre its functional additives business division on organic peroxides and glass-coating chemicals for the manufacture of flat glass and bottles.
Tin stabilisers are used to help shape PVC into finished products by controlling heat.
The transaction is subject to approval by employee representatives and antitrust authorities, Arkema said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this