UPDATE 1-Bristol-Myers starts tender offer for Amylin
* Offer at $31/shr expires Aug 7, unless extended
July 10 (Reuters) - Bristol-Myers Squibb Co on Tuesday launched its tender offer to buy all outstanding shares of biotechnology company Amylin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Bristol-Myers said last month it would pay $31 per share for Amylin, helping it extend its portfolio of diabetes treatments with the addition of drugs Byetta and Bydureon.
The offer to buy all of Amylin's common stock will expire at 5:00 p.m. New York time on Aug. 7, unless extended, Bristol-Myers said in a statement.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report