UPDATE 1-Bristol-Myers starts tender offer for Amylin
* Offer at $31/shr expires Aug 7, unless extended
July 10 (Reuters) - Bristol-Myers Squibb Co on Tuesday launched its tender offer to buy all outstanding shares of biotechnology company Amylin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Bristol-Myers said last month it would pay $31 per share for Amylin, helping it extend its portfolio of diabetes treatments with the addition of drugs Byetta and Bydureon.
The offer to buy all of Amylin's common stock will expire at 5:00 p.m. New York time on Aug. 7, unless extended, Bristol-Myers said in a statement.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia