UPDATE 1-Bristol-Myers starts tender offer for Amylin
* Offer at $31/shr expires Aug 7, unless extended
July 10 (Reuters) - Bristol-Myers Squibb Co on Tuesday launched its tender offer to buy all outstanding shares of biotechnology company Amylin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Bristol-Myers said last month it would pay $31 per share for Amylin, helping it extend its portfolio of diabetes treatments with the addition of drugs Byetta and Bydureon.
The offer to buy all of Amylin's common stock will expire at 5:00 p.m. New York time on Aug. 7, unless extended, Bristol-Myers said in a statement.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Nationalist leader says Scots tricked out of independence
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Kurds issue new call to arms against Islamic State in Syria |