UPDATE 1-Bristol-Myers starts tender offer for Amylin
* Offer at $31/shr expires Aug 7, unless extended
July 10 (Reuters) - Bristol-Myers Squibb Co on Tuesday launched its tender offer to buy all outstanding shares of biotechnology company Amylin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Bristol-Myers said last month it would pay $31 per share for Amylin, helping it extend its portfolio of diabetes treatments with the addition of drugs Byetta and Bydureon.
The offer to buy all of Amylin's common stock will expire at 5:00 p.m. New York time on Aug. 7, unless extended, Bristol-Myers said in a statement.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Trapped peacekeepers at Golan Heights moved to secure area: Philippine military chief
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions