FINNEWS LATAM-Celpa, creditors halt talks amid sale plan-official
Brazilian debt-laden power distributor Celpa and creditors halted dent restructuring talks in order to allow the company to negotiate a sale to rival Equatorial Energia, an official told Reuters on Monday. Mauro Santos, the official in charge of overseeing Celpa's bankruptcy protection filing, said in an interview that talks will remain suspended until August 9.
Equatorial said recently that it entered exclusive talks with Celpa over a potential sale.
- U.S.' Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study