RPT-Japan's Yamada Denki to buy rival Best Denki - Nikkei
(Repeats to cover additional alert)
TOKYO, July 12 (Reuters) - Japan's largest consumer electronics retailer Yamada Denki will buy smaller rival Best Denki for more than 10 billion yen ($126 million) by acquiring new shares in Best Denki, the Nikkei business daily reported on Thursday.
Through the acquisition, Yamada will secure sales of more than 2 trillion yen annually, the paper said. It did not cite its sources.
Yamada, which already owns a 7.5 percent stake in Best Denki, will boost its stake to more than 50 percent, the Nikkei said. Best Denki will remain listed, the paper said. ($1 = 79.6600 Japanese yen) (Reporting by Junko Fujita; Editing by Chang-Ran Kim)
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest