Getinge Q2 profit lags consensus, sees better earnings growth H2
STOCKHOLM, July 11
STOCKHOLM, July 11 (Reuters) - Medical technology group Getinge posted a smaller second-quarter pretax profit than expected on Wednesday but forecast significant earnings growth improvement in the second half of the year after strong order intake in the quarter.
Pretax profit at the Swedish group grew to 716 million crowns ($102.6 million) from a year-earlier 654 million, compared with a consensus forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts for 743 million.
Organic order intake growth was 8.2 percent.
($1 = 6.9810 Swedish crowns) (Reporting by Stockholm Newsroom)
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California