Getinge Q2 profit lags consensus, sees better earnings growth H2
STOCKHOLM, July 11
STOCKHOLM, July 11 (Reuters) - Medical technology group Getinge posted a smaller second-quarter pretax profit than expected on Wednesday but forecast significant earnings growth improvement in the second half of the year after strong order intake in the quarter.
Pretax profit at the Swedish group grew to 716 million crowns ($102.6 million) from a year-earlier 654 million, compared with a consensus forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts for 743 million.
Organic order intake growth was 8.2 percent.
($1 = 6.9810 Swedish crowns) (Reporting by Stockholm Newsroom)
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |