UPDATE 1-Regis' CEO search ends after four months
* Appoints Daniel Hanrahan as CEO
* Hanrahan joins from Royal Caribbean Cruises
July 11 (Reuters) - Hair-salon operator Regis Corp, which has been searching for a CEO since Paul Finkelstein stepped down in February, appointed Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd executive Daniel Hanrahan as its new head.
The company had originally named Randy Pearce as Finkelstein's replacement. But Pearce announced his intention to retire just a month before taking the reins from Finkelstein. Executive Vice President Eric Bakken was given the role on an interim basis.
Hanrahan, 54, previously headed Royal Caribbean's Celebrity Cruises business. His appointment is effective Aug. 6.
Regis, which operates the Vidal Sassoon and Supercuts chains, on Tuesday reported lower-than-expected quarterly revenue, hurt by a decline in sales at its hair salons.
Regis shares closed at $17.2 on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's "reign of terror" worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media