San Bernardino, California, to file for bankruptcy
SAN FRANCISCO, July 10
SAN FRANCISCO, July 10 (Reuters) - The city council of San Bernardino, California, voted on Tuesday night to seek Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection from creditors to help restructure its battered finances.
The city of about 210,000 residents approximately 65 miles (104 km) east of Los Angeles is the third in the most populous U.S. state to opt to file for bankruptcy in recent weeks.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source