Inpex sells stake in Ichthys LNG project to Total
TOKYO, July 12
TOKYO, July 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Inpex Corp said on Thursday it has agreed to sell a 6-percent equity stake in the Ichthys liquefied natural gas project in Australia to its partner, Total.
The sale, pending approval by the Australian government and other administrative processes, would raise the share of French oil giant Total to about 30 percent and cut Inpex's to 66.07 percent, Inpex said in a statement.
Inpex had been in talks to sell an additional stake in the $34 billion project to Total, which had expressed interest in lifting its stake to 30 percent.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study