- French soldier stabbed while on patrol near Paris
- REPEAT-Will immigration reform get killed in Republican-led U.S. House?
- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- Rockets hit south Beirut after Hezbollah vows Syria victory
- Two believed dead as heavy rains flood San Antonio streets |
France to send Syrian rebels communications equipment
PARIS (Reuters) - France will soon start supplying communications equipment to the Syrian opposition, a foreign ministry spokesman said on Friday.
Paris has previously said it would consider the measure so that activists could organize better, avoid attacks and keep a record of events for the outside world.
"Regarding communications material we are going to start rolling it out," Foreign Ministry spokesman Bernard Valero told reporters. "We are working on that."
Western powers are reluctant to provide arms to rebels whose ranks include anti-Western Islamists, but the United States has said it is already providing communications equipment.
(Reporting By John Irish)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this