Indiana father accidentally shot dead by 3-year-old son
(Reuters) - An Indiana father watching television with his children was accidentally shot to death by his 3-year-old son after the boy found a loaded handgun nearby, police said on Saturday.
Michael Payless, 33, was found dead in the southern Indiana town of Salem on Friday night.
Payless was watching television with two of his children when the other child, a 3-year-old boy, found the gun.
"The child accidentally discharged the loaded handgun ... Michael A. Payless was pronounced dead at the scene," an Indiana state police statement said.
Payless, with his wife, three children, and another juvenile, had been at the house doing some remodeling work, the statement said.
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Vietnam search fruitless at site where China satellite detected suspected plane debris - witness