Indiana father accidentally shot dead by 3-year-old son
(Reuters) - An Indiana father watching television with his children was accidentally shot to death by his 3-year-old son after the boy found a loaded handgun nearby, police said on Saturday.
Michael Payless, 33, was found dead in the southern Indiana town of Salem on Friday night.
Payless was watching television with two of his children when the other child, a 3-year-old boy, found the gun.
"The child accidentally discharged the loaded handgun ... Michael A. Payless was pronounced dead at the scene," an Indiana state police statement said.
Payless, with his wife, three children, and another juvenile, had been at the house doing some remodeling work, the statement said.
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Obama to deploy 3,000 troops as Ebola crisis worsens
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- World stocks hit one-month low, caution ahead of Fed
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland |