Accor buys Mexico's Grupo Posadas for $275 million
PARIS, July 16
PARIS, July 16 (Reuters) - French hotel group Accor said on Monday it had acquired Mexican hotel outfit Grupo Posadas for $275 million, in an effort to improve its exposure to emerging markets.
The purchase includes 15 hotels located in Brazil, Argentina and Chile. It also includes a secured pipeline of 14 hotels under contract and the acquisition of two brands operated by Grupo Posadas, Ceasar Park and Ceasar Business.
The deal should close by the end of 2012, Accor said. (Reporting by Nina Sovich)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea