UPDATE 1-Barnes to buy Synventive Molding for $335 million
July 16 (Reuters) - Diversified manufacturer Barnes Group Inc said it agreed to acquire privately held Synventive Molding Solutions for $335 million in cash.
Synventive, which is expected to post revenue of about $160 million in 2012, designs and manufactures highly engineered components for the injection molding industry, and has 770 employees worldwide.
"The global demand for more complex, highly technical injection-molding solutions is anticipated to grow substantially in the future," Barnes CEO Gregory Milzcik said in a statement.
The company expects to finance the transaction with cash on hand and additional borrowings under its existing credit agreement.
Shares of Barnes closed down more than 1 percent at $22.52 on the New York Stock Exchange on Monday.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |