AerCap says not in talks for sale; shares down
(Reuters) - Shares of AerCap Holdings NV (AER.N) fell sharply after the aircraft lessor said it was not in discussions with any party regarding a sale.
The company's shares have run up 16 percent since last Tuesday, when aviation news portal Flightglobal.com reported that AerCap had hired Goldman Sachs to look at opportunities.
AerCap, in a regulatory filing on Monday, said it was exploring options, including a possible sale, but had not engaged any financial adviser.
The company's shares were trading down 6.5 percent at $11.92 in morning trade on the New York Stock Exchange.
(Reporting by Bijoy Koyitty in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |