AuthenTec shares up on Samsung contract
(Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) will use AuthenTec Inc's AUTH.O security product in its new Android smartphone and tablets, the companies said.
AuthenTec shares rose 14 percent to $5.20 in premarket trading on Monday. The stock has jumped nearly 60 percent in the past 12 months.
The company, which makes fingerprint sensor chips used in personal computers and mobile devices, said Samsung would use its QuickSec Mobile VPN Client product that helps users connect their devices to enterprise networks.
(Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |