- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
UPDATE 1-AO Smith profit beats estimates on higher sales in China
* Q2 EPS $0.75 vs est $0.67
* Q2 Rev $484.2 mln vs est $475.2 mln
* Raises lower end of 2012 earnings to $2.80-$2.90 per share
July 18 (Reuters) - Water heater maker A.O. Smith Corp posted better-than-expected quarterly results as sales rose in China, and raised the lower end of its 2012 earnings forecast.
For 2012, the company expects to earn $2.80 to $2.90 per share. It had earlier forecast $2.75 to $2.90 per share.
Analysts on average were expecting $2.88 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Second-quarter earnings rose to $35 million, or 75 cents per share, from $28.6 million, or 62 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 19 percent to $484.2 million, helped by a 17 percent increase in product sales in China.
Analysts had expected the company to earn 67 cents per share on revenue of $475.2 million.
The Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based company's shares closed at $49.10 on Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this