Couche-Tard to buy 27 stores in Washington State
July 18 (Reuters) - Canadian convenience store and gas station operator Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc said on Wednesday it would buy 27 stores in eastern Washington State from Sun Pacific Energy.
Couche-Tard said 26 of the stores sell motor fuel. It expects the deal to close in November 2012, and bring in more than 43 million gallons of fuel sales and $35 million in merchandise revenue each year.
Couche-Tard operates about 5,800 convenience stores across North America, the majority of which sell motor fuel. It recently extended its reach into Europe by acquiring 2,300-outlet Statoil Fuel & Retail in a $2.6 billion deal.
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |