Millicom Q2 core profit lags consensus
STOCKHOLM, July 18
STOCKHOLM, July 18 (Reuters) - Emerging markets telecoms group Millicom posted a smaller core profit than expected for the second quarter on Wednesday but roughly stood by a margin outlook for the full year.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) were $513 million, unchanged from a year-earlier and below a mean forecast of $527 million in a Reuters poll of analysts.
The Latin America and Africa-focused operator forecast a full-year EBITDA margin of around 43 percent.
It had repeated as late as Monday, in connection with an announcement that it had agreed to buy Cablevision Paraguay, earlier guidance for a margin in the mid-forties.
(Reporting by Stockholm Newsroom)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image