Damascus bomber was bodyguard for Assad's inner circle - Syrian security source
BEIRUT, July 18
BEIRUT, July 18 (Reuters) - A suicide bomber who detonated explosives at meeting of ministers and President Bashar al-Assad's top security and military officials on Wednesday was a bodyguard for the president's inner circle, a Syrian security source said.
Syrian state television said that Defence Minister Daoud Rajha was killed in the blast and a security source in Syria said Assad's brother-in-law, Assef Shawkat, was also killed.
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Ukraine protesters fell Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper