- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing
- Bernanke comments spur volatility, but stocks, dollar gain |
- British opposition leader says Google tax behavior 'wrong'
- Senate panel passes immigration bill; Obama praises move
- Rescuers search Oklahoma tornado town ruins as recovery starts |
Wartsila Q2 operating profit misses forecast
HELSINKI, July 18 |
HELSINKI, July 18 (Reuters) - Finnish ship and power plant engine maker Wartsila reported a surprise fall in second-quarter operating profit due to slightly weaker-than-expected sales.
April-June operating profit, excluding one-off items, fell 3 percent year-on-year to 113 million euros ($138 million), missing an average forecast of 120 million euros in a Reuters poll of analysts.
Wartsila repeated on Wednesday it expects full-year 2012 sales to grow around 5-10 percent year-on-year and its operating profit margin to be 10-11 percent.
($1 = 0.8188 euros) (Reporting by Helsinki Newsroom; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this