Yara Q2 earnings top forecasts
OSLO, July 18
OSLO, July 18 (Reuters) - Norwegian fertiliser firm Yara reported second-quarter core earnings above expectations on Wednesday and said global grain markets remained tight, supporting fertiliser demand.
"Second-quarter nitrogen fertiliser deliveries in Europe were primarily for immediate consumption, but pre-buying incentives for the new season are stronger than a year ago, given the recent strengthening of grain prices," the firm said.
April-June adjusted earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA), excluding one-off items, rose 47 percent to 5.20 billion Norwegian crowns ($850.60 million), beating expectations for a 30 percent rise to 4.47 billion. ($1 = 6.1134 Norwegian crowns) (Reporting by Victoria Klesty)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |