Yara Q2 earnings top forecasts
OSLO, July 18
OSLO, July 18 (Reuters) - Norwegian fertiliser firm Yara reported second-quarter core earnings above expectations on Wednesday and said global grain markets remained tight, supporting fertiliser demand.
"Second-quarter nitrogen fertiliser deliveries in Europe were primarily for immediate consumption, but pre-buying incentives for the new season are stronger than a year ago, given the recent strengthening of grain prices," the firm said.
April-June adjusted earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA), excluding one-off items, rose 47 percent to 5.20 billion Norwegian crowns ($850.60 million), beating expectations for a 30 percent rise to 4.47 billion. ($1 = 6.1134 Norwegian crowns) (Reporting by Victoria Klesty)
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- Guilt may spoil restorative effects of entertainment
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |