Acacia Research quarterly profit rises
July 19 (Reuters) - Acacia Research Corp's second-quarter profit tripled as sales from technology licensing and enforcement programs rose.
Net income rose to $6.3 million, or 13 cents per share, from $ 2.1 million, or 5 cents a share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 27 percent to $50.5 million.
Shares of the company, which acquires and licenses patent rights to various technologies, closed at $39.75 on Thursday on the Nasdaq.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |