UPDATE 1-Acacia Research results beat Street
* Q2 adj EPS $0.43 vs est $0.24
* Q2 rev up 27 pct at $50.5 mln vs est $42.2 mln
July 19 (Reuters) - Acacia Research Corp, which acquires and licenses patent rights to various technologies, posted second-quarter results above analysts' estimates as sales from its technology licensing and enforcement programs rose.
Net income jumped to $6.3 million, or 13 cents per share, from $2.1 million, or 5 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 43 cents per share.
Revenue increased 27 percent to $50.5 million.
The company said it generated revenue from 125 technology licensing and enforcement programs, compared with 104 programs, a year earlier.
Analysts on average had expected adjusted earnings of 24 cents a share on revenue of $42.2 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the company closed at $39.75 on Thursday on the Nasdaq.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote