Czech Philip Morris market share dips in Q2
PRAGUE, July 19
PRAGUE, July 19 (Reuters) - Market share of Czech tobacco group Philip Morris CR fell 2.7 percentage points to 42.8 percent in the second quarter, hit by a decline in the shipments of low-margin local brands, its parent group said on Thursday.
Philip Morris International (PMI), which holds a majority stake in the Prague-listed company, also said the Czech cigarette market fell 4.2 percent in the quarter mainly due to tax-driven price increases in the first and second quarters.
PMI's shipments fell 9.8 percent in the Czech market, it said. (Reporting by Jason Hovet)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data