Georgia Gulf to buy PPG's commodity chemicals business
July 19 (Reuters) - PPG Industries Inc said it will spin off its commodity chemicals business and then merge it with chemical company Georgia Gulf in a deal valued at about $2 billion.
As per the deal, Georgia Gulf will pay PPG $900 million in cash and assume about $95 million of debt. The company's shareholders will also get about $1 billion in Georgia Gulf shares.
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Putin warns of consequences |
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies