Georgia Gulf to buy PPG's commodity chemicals business
July 19 (Reuters) - PPG Industries Inc said it will spin off its commodity chemicals business and then merge it with chemical company Georgia Gulf in a deal valued at about $2 billion.
As per the deal, Georgia Gulf will pay PPG $900 million in cash and assume about $95 million of debt. The company's shareholders will also get about $1 billion in Georgia Gulf shares.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |