Japan's Idemitsu shuts Chiba CDU after fire
TOKYO, July 20
TOKYO, July 20 (Reuters) - Japanese oil refiner Idemitsu Kosan Co said it shut the 220,000 barrels per day No. 2 crude distillation unit (CDU) at Chiba refinery, east of Tokyo, on Thursday evening after fire.
The refinery's sole CDU was shut immediately after the fire was confirmed from near the CDU's naphtha circulation lines at around 7:40 p.m. (1040 GMT) on Thursday, the company said in a statement.
The company said it was investigating the cause of the incident, and added there were no injuries. (Reporting by Osamu Tsukimori; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |