San Bernardino, California, approves Chapter 9 bankruptcy filing
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., July 18
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., July 18 (Reuters) - San Bernardino's city council authorized a bankruptcy filing for the city on Wednesday after declaring a fiscal emergency to pave the way for the community east of Los Angeles to file for Chapter 9 protection without first holding talks with its creditors.
The city will take about 30 days to make its filing, most likely in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Riverside, California, said City Attorney James Penman.
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV