San Bernardino, California, approves Chapter 9 bankruptcy filing
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., July 18
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., July 18 (Reuters) - San Bernardino's city council authorized a bankruptcy filing for the city on Wednesday after declaring a fiscal emergency to pave the way for the community east of Los Angeles to file for Chapter 9 protection without first holding talks with its creditors.
The city will take about 30 days to make its filing, most likely in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Riverside, California, said City Attorney James Penman.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner