Travelers sees industry Q2 disaster losses over $10 billion
(Reuters) - The insurance industry appears to have lost more than $10 billion in the second quarter on natural disasters, substantially more than historical trends would suggest, executives of Travelers Cos Inc (TRV.N) said on Thursday.
Travelers itself lost $357 million on natural disasters in the quarter, which Chief Executive Jay Fishman said would have been a more reasonable annual loss not that long ago.
(Reporting By Ben Berkowitz; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data