AEP profit rises on lower costs
July 20 (Reuters) - American Electric Power Co Inc posted higher second-quarter earnings on warmer weather and reduced costs.
The company, which operates utilities in 11 states, said net earnings rose to $362 million, or 75 cents per share, from $352 million, or 73 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue remained flat at $3.6 billion.
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters