AEP profit rises on lower costs
July 20 (Reuters) - American Electric Power Co Inc posted higher second-quarter earnings on warmer weather and reduced costs.
The company, which operates utilities in 11 states, said net earnings rose to $362 million, or 75 cents per share, from $352 million, or 73 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue remained flat at $3.6 billion.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot