- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
EU want Google concessions for all platforms-sources
BRUSSELS, July 20 |
BRUSSELS, July 20 (Reuters) - EU antitrust regulators want Google to offer concessions on how its search engine works on all platforms, including computers, tablets and mobile devices, two people familiar with the issue said on Friday.
If Google is not able to provide the concessions, it will face charges of anticompetitive behaviour and could face severe fines, the EU's competition commissioner, Joaquin Almunia, has said. Almunia wants remedies for all computing devices that have access to the Internet and provide a search capability, one of the people said.
Earlier this month, the world's most popular search engine proposed concessions in a bid to settle an 18-month long investigation fueled by complaints from rivals including Microsoft..
The European Commission is now examining the offer.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this