Singapore Exchange says no comment on reports of LSE merger
SINGAPORE, July 20
SINGAPORE, July 20 (Reuters) - Singapore Exchange Ltd (SGX) said on Friday it would not comment on a press report that it was in merger talks with the London Stock Exchange Group.
"We do not comment on speculation and media reports," said a spokeswoman for the SGX.
The Daily Telegraph newspaper reported on Friday that the two bourses are in talks about a potential 7.2 billion pound ($11.3 billion) tie-up.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with more easing steps
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt