One suspect in custody in Denver movie theater shooting
DENVER (Reuters) - Police arrested a suspect in a shooting in a suburban Denver movie theatre in which 14 people were killed, and there was no evidence of a second gunman, Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said on Friday.
Dozens of police were at the scene, and the authorities evacuated the area while they checked if there was an explosive device in the area.
(Reporting By Keith Coffman, writing by Cynthia Johnston, editing by Diana Abdallah)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand