One suspect in custody in Denver movie theater shooting
DENVER (Reuters) - Police arrested a suspect in a shooting in a suburban Denver movie theatre in which 14 people were killed, and there was no evidence of a second gunman, Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said on Friday.
Dozens of police were at the scene, and the authorities evacuated the area while they checked if there was an explosive device in the area.
(Reporting By Keith Coffman, writing by Cynthia Johnston, editing by Diana Abdallah)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
A federal judge struck down Utah's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional, handing a major victory to gay rights activists in a conservative state Slideshow