Obama: Committed to bringing Colorado shooter to justice
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Friday expressed shock and sorrow at the overnight shooting in a Denver movie theater that killed 14 people and wounded 50 others.
"We are committed to bringing whoever was responsible to justice, ensuring the safety of our people, and caring for those who have been wounded. As we do when confronted by moments of darkness and challenge, we must now come together as one American family," Obama said in a statement.
(Editing by Vicki Allen)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |