Obama: Committed to bringing Colorado shooter to justice
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Friday expressed shock and sorrow at the overnight shooting in a Denver movie theater that killed 14 people and wounded 50 others.
"We are committed to bringing whoever was responsible to justice, ensuring the safety of our people, and caring for those who have been wounded. As we do when confronted by moments of darkness and challenge, we must now come together as one American family," Obama said in a statement.
(Editing by Vicki Allen)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade