China Sinopec to buy stake in Talisman UK unit for $1.5 bln
BEIJING, July 23
BEIJING, July 23 (Reuters) - China's top refiner Sinopec Corp said on Monday it has agreed to buy a 49 percent stake in the UK unit of Canada's Talisman Energy Inc for $1.5 billion.
Talisman is Canada's No. 5 independent oil producer.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Indian firms tool up for defense orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- Hamas says three top Gaza commanders killed in Israeli air strike |