GenCorp to pay $550 mln for United Tech's Rocketdyne
July 23 (Reuters) - GenCorp Inc, a maker of aerospace propulsion systems, will pay $550 million for United Technologies Corp's Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne unit, the two companies said on Monday.
The deal will almost double GenCorp's size, while allowing United Tech to pay down a portion of debt tied to its acquisition of Goodrich Corp.
The deal is expected to close in the first half of 2013.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions