- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Apple CEO makes no apology for company's tax strategy |
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
Zions Bancorp's profit nearly doubles
July 23 |
July 23 (Reuters) - Regional lender Zions Bancorp's second-quarter profit nearly doubled as a result of a reduction in preferred stock dividends due to the $700 million TARP redemption and related warrant amortization in the first quarter.
Net income rose to $55.2 million, or 30 cents per share, from $29 million, or 16 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, Zions earned 40 cents per share.
The bank's shares, which have fallen about 9 percent in the last three months and underperformed the S&P 500 Index, closed at $18.57 on Monday on the Nasdaq.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this