Aflac 2nd-qtr profit rises on strong Japan sales
July 24 (Reuters) - Disability insurer Aflac Inc's quarterly profit rose 75 percent as it continued to benefit from strong sales growth at its Japanese unit, and the company raised its sales outlook for the unit for the second successive quarter.
Net income for the second quarter rose to $483 million, or $1.03 per share, from $274 million, or 58 cents per share, a year earlier.
Total revenue rose 16 percent to $5.9 billion in the quarter.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |