Air Products' profit up on lower costs
July 24 (Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Air Products and Chemicals Inc said quarterly profit rose 48 percent as lower costs offset weakness in Europe and Asia.
Profit rose to $484.5 million, or $2.26 per share, in the third quarter from $326.5 million, or $1.50 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 5 percent to $2.34 billion.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Bitter cold, ice slam U.S. East Coast; South still freezing
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote