Air Products' profit up on lower costs
July 24 (Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Air Products and Chemicals Inc said quarterly profit rose 48 percent as lower costs offset weakness in Europe and Asia.
Profit rose to $484.5 million, or $2.26 per share, in the third quarter from $326.5 million, or $1.50 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 5 percent to $2.34 billion.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions