Altera 2nd-qtr results beat estimates
July 24 (Reuters) - Altera Corp reported second-quarter results well above estimates and projected a sequential increase in third-quarter sales
The programmable chipmaker posted a profit of 50 cents per share on revenue of $464.8 million. Analysts on average were looking for a profit of 39 cents per share profit on revenue of $445.2 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
For the third quarter, it expects sales growth of 2 percent to 6 percent, sequentially.
Shares of the company rose 8 percent in trading after the bell. They closed at $30.69 on Tuesday on the Nasdaq.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |