Altera 2nd-qtr results beat estimates
July 24 (Reuters) - Altera Corp reported second-quarter results well above estimates and projected a sequential increase in third-quarter sales
The programmable chipmaker posted a profit of 50 cents per share on revenue of $464.8 million. Analysts on average were looking for a profit of 39 cents per share profit on revenue of $445.2 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
For the third quarter, it expects sales growth of 2 percent to 6 percent, sequentially.
Shares of the company rose 8 percent in trading after the bell. They closed at $30.69 on Tuesday on the Nasdaq.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 billion to take chip unit off its hands: WSJ